One of the things I like to do besides quilting, is baking. I love, love, LOVE everything that has to do with food. Usually I try to watch what I put in my mouth, not only because I want to get rid of some extra pounds, but also because I work long hours during the day and I need healthy food that will give me the energy to keep me going throughout the day.
I know, we all love a good dessert. Especially with a delicious mug full of coffee and cream… The best part of eating these delicious muffins is that you don’t have to feel guilty AT ALL. are you hungry yet?
Part of me getting ready for my next Teaching event is taking some healthy treats for those long hours I spend on the road from one place to the other. This time I came up with these delicious, easy to make banana muffins. I found a similar recipe somewhere online, but I have replaced some of the ingredients to make it a healthier treat. NO FLOUR OR OIL NEEDED.
Here’s the ingredients you will need:
- 1 Cup of non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 medium ripped bananas
- 2 Cups of old fashioned oats (I prefer Quaker)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (I personally do not like artificial sweetener, nor would I bake anything with artificial sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 baking powder
- 1/2 Cup of fresh blueberries
Here’s how you do it. SIMPE:
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare your muffin pan. I like to spray the cavities with cooking spray instead of lining them with paper.
- Add all the ingredients except for the fresh blueberries and process on high until the oats are all broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. Add the fresh blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity about 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool while in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing. IMPORTANT: store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
With this recipe you will get about 10 muffins. You can eat it for breakfast with your favorite cup of coffee or tea, or for an afternoon snack… or whatever your cravings might be.
I’m telling you, this recipe is AWESOME. These muffins are so good and you don’t even have to feel guilty. Let me know what you think.
Bon Appetit 🙂